Award-winning law firm, Ellisons Solicitors, which is over 250 years old, and has its headquarters in the town, is proudly announcing its further expansion as it opens the doors to a third office in its home town of Colchester.
The new ‘The Bath House’ building is located on the former Le Cateau Barracks site, adjacent to Butt Road, and provides 4,000 sq ft of modern office space for the team’s Insurance Litigation Department.
This news is the latest in a year of expansion and success for Ellisons, following the opening of its Chelmsford office in March. The firm has almost doubled in size over the past four years, and its other offices are in Ipswich and Tendring.
Leading the Bath House team will be Robert Jones, Partner and Head of Insurance Litigation. Robert has been at Ellisons for over 40 years and has extensive experience of dealing with catastrophic injury claims including brain injury, spine injury and injuries of the utmost severity. In recent years Robert has led settlement of passenger claims in several high-profile motorway coach crashes for major coach operators and their Insurers.
Robert will lead a team of 27 Insurance Litigation lawyers and support staff, who have close relationships with major insurers, Lloyd’s syndicates, self-insured enterprises, loss adjusters and intermediaries. The team supports clients in areas such as employer liability and public liability claims, along with catastrophic motor injury claims.
Ellisons’ head office will remain at Headgate Court in Head Street, where the firm opened its doors in 1764. Headgate Court houses departments including Commercial Property, Wills, Trusts and Probate, Residential Property, Corporate and Commercial and Business Support.
Guy Longhurst, Managing Partner, said: “2018 is proving to be a milestone year for the firm, as we expand into new locations and take on a number of new clients and business areas. Further expansion in our hometown of Colchester is very important to us, and we were delighted to find the Bath House. It’s a building which perfectly reflects the firm’s ethos of traditional values with modern, innovative working.
“As we continue to grow, we retain our resolute commitment to delivering the highest possible levels of service to our clients and contacts. We end 2018 on a real high.”
The impressive building is a part renovation of a historic building, built in 1878, which has been equipped with high specification modern facilities, providing top of the range surroundings for the team and its clients. Modern, spacious meeting rooms, as well as break out areas and ‘huddle caves’, have been put in place to ensure the perfect mix of modern design in a historic, traditional building. The move also follows a period of heavy investment in IT and a process of digital transformation which has been undertaken by the entire firm.