Rhianna Prentice from The Beauty Rooms, Marks Tey, explains how keeping your eyebrows groomed is essential for both men and women
Eyebrow shaping can do more to improve someone’s appearance than most other beauty treatments. Whether you’re 20 or 60, high or low maintenance, male or female, taking the time to have your eyebrows groomed is well worth the effort, time and money.
Keeping on top of your brows not only keeps them looking smart and polished but it widens the appearance of the eyes creating a fuller, more youthful appearance. There are a variety of different shapes and when you go into a salon, your therapist will take into consideration your skin tone, face shape, length and features before making a decision on what shape your eyebrows should be.
It’s not just women who benefit from well shaped eyebrows. A little eyebrow grooming on a man can mean the difference between scruffy or suave. When it comes to men, it’s important not to over shape – a little clean-up is all most of them need.
The result from having your eyebrows waxed or tweezed usually lasts about three weeks unless you’ve been having them maintained for years; then the hair growth cycle will start to slow. You can maintain your eyebrows at home by using high quality tweezers to remove the new fresh hair underneath the brow, leaving the shape until your next appointment with your therapist.
We have just brought a fantastic new treatment into The Beauty Rooms called Mii Brows. This is a brow treatment created by us but defined by you, allowing us to give you the eyebrows you’ve always wanted. Mii Brows is particularly good for ladies that have over plucked or have lost hair due to illness or treatments. Mii Brows is created using a mineral wax, long-lasting semi-permanent tint, different shades of brow pencils, powders, contour, highlighters and finishing brow gel.
If you would like to book an appointment or for a free consultation please call 01206 211831 or visit our website www.thebeautyroomsessex.co.uk
Here are my six beauty brow tips for keeping your eyebrows in tip-top shape at home in between treatments;
- Only tweeze one hair at a time and only take hairs from underneath the brow
- Tweeze right after a shower or bath because your skin is clean and pores are open, which minimises the pain. If you don’t have time to shower, you can hold a warm cloth on your brows for five minutes to soften the hair.
- Place the tweezers at the root of the hair, get a firm grip and pull in the direction of the hair growth to stop the hair snapping.
- Use a pencil or powder to help keep the shape and colour.
- Using a highlighter can help accentuate your brows, causing them to look fuller and stand out.
- Brush your brows softly then apply a small amount of Vaseline at night to help them to grow in the right direction.