Quick and easy to make whilst being very light and healthy, this is good food at its best. The crunchy mixture of the nuts, breadcrumbs and crunchy, sweet celery make a lovely contrast to the soft, creamy cod.
4 Cod loin fillets, 150g each
40g Panko breadcrumbs
2 Fenland celery sticks, finely sliced
1 Lemon, zest and juice
4 tbsp Crème fraiche
40g Walnuts, finely chopped
40g Black olives, sliced
2 tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp Olive oil
250g Cherry tomatoes on the vine, separated into bunches
- Preheat oven 200°C. Grease a shallow roasting tray or heatproof baking dish large enough to hold the fish fillets and tomatoes on the vine.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, Fenland celery, zest of the lemon, parsley, chopped walnuts and olives. Stir in 1 tbsp of the olive oil and a good squeeze of lemon juice, season to taste.
- Pat the cod fillets dry with kitchen paper, place on the baking tray and spread evenly with the crème fraiche then top generously with the breadcrumb mixture, pressing down lightly to ensure a good coating. Add the cherry tomatoes to the tray and sprinkle with the remaining olive oil.
- Cook in the oven for approx. 15 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the topping golden.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and some new potatoes.
Recipe courtesy of www.fenlandcelery.com